Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pre-Credential Conclusion

It's nice to have some validation, especially in the observation phase of the process, even if it isn't necessarily what I'm making it out to be. The principal asked me when I'd be finished, have my credential. Not that they're looking for an English/ELA teacher (math, actually. desperate. DESPERATE), but it was a nice sentiment. And it came on the heels of a pretty good conversation/interview for my class. He gave me some insights into the hiring process, at least his. Then, my host teacher asked if I was entering the program next semester. In my mind she was asking to know when I'd be beginning student teaching, and maybe with her. Who the hell knows.

But she also said I need to sub when I can, because the kids like me and I'm good with them. "Two things you really need to be a good sub." She also filled out my disposition form with all green lights--no yellows, no "getting there"--all greens. The other teacher I observe has nothing but go-aheads for me. I love her.

I kind of hate that I'm not entering the program for another three semesters after all of this. I gotta get that degree yesterday. Unfortunately, I'm pushing it as it is.

I'm dying, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment